Thursday, August 12, 2010

The Things you do for Love

After my cat Dulcie who was with me for 15 years passed away this past spring, I said that I would never get another cat again.  I love cats and have had them for my whole life, but pets can be a lot of work and responsibility.  Considering the stress I've had in my life, the last thing I felt I needed was another responsibility, however, when we saw a certain little black kitten, Joey fell in love.  This little kitten captured his heart and I think Joey captured this kitten's heart as well.  Joey named this kitten Bear because he looks like a little black bear.  Bear and Joey instantly bonded.  As a matter of fact, in the car on the way home, the kitten snuggled up on Joey's lap and purred.  Tonight, when the kitten was exhausted on the couch, he cuddled up to Joey and fell sound asleep.  He has followed Joey around all day and wanted to sleep in his bed tonight, but I thought that might be too much of a distraction, so the kitten will be downstairs with me.

So as I sit here tonight on the couch with my boys asleep upstairs, I wonder again what I've done.  I will only need to wake up in the morning and see the smiles on my boys faces and the laughter and the joy to know that the extra responsibility is worth it.  Their smiles will be worth the 15 year commitment that I made today.


Joey introducing you to Bear.

No comments:

Post a Comment