Thursday, August 19, 2010

The Adventures of Buddy and Bear

We have a new kitten that Joey named Bear because he is all black like a little black bear.  Well, the kitten scared the daylights out of me this morning.  He has slept with me every single night since he's been home. Last night, he didn't cuddle with me like he normally does.  I didn't think too much about it, but at 4 a.m. when I got up to help Joey reconstruct his bed because his blankets were on the floor, I didn't see bear anywhere.  I called to him and no kitten.  I woke up at 7 a.m. and still didn't see him.  I started to panic.  I looked under my bed, no Bear.  I went into the boys rooms, no Bear.  I started to get nervous.  I went down into the basement and couldn't find the kitten.  I then really got nervous.  I started to think "What if he got outside?" I went outside and started calling for the kitten.  There were golfers already on the course behind my house walking by wondering what the crazy woman in the Mickey Mouse Jammies was doing. I went back inside and was so sad that I was going to have to tell the kids that the cat was missing.   Joey came downstairs first and asked where the cat was.  I had to tell him that I didn't know.  He helped me start to look for the cat.  We went upstairs and went into Danny's room.  Danny was just waking up and we could see something moving under Danny's covers.  Lo and behold, Bear popped out of the covers.  He had slept with Danny all night last night.  Little bugger!

I decided to take Bear outside for the first time today.  Here are some pictures from his big adventure.  Buddy accompanied Bear and watched him to make sure he stayed out of trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment