Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Some days are just tough

Not to be Debbie Downer or anything because yesterday's post was pretty heavy, but today was a really tough day.  It started this morning with a lunatic screaming at me.  I had just dropped Danny off at daycare and was getting on the interstate and the car in front of me was going really slow.  I pulled out to pass it and apparently there was a small red truck in my blind spot.  I had already started into the other lane when he laid on his horn.  At that point, I was already passing the car in front of me, so I couldn't really get back over into the other lane.  The guy behind must have hit the gas because next thing I know he was riding my tail hard, laying on his horn.  I pulled over and he pulled in behind me, so I started to get off at the next exit.  As we were stopped at the traffic light, he got out of his car and came up to mine.  He started calling me every inappropriate name you could imagine and that started dropping the F-Bomb.  I told him that I was sorry and I didn't see him and he kept swearing at me.  I had already taken, my cell phone out and at that point I asked him if he would like me to call them police to help us sort this out.  He again swore at me.  I told him that I had a young child in that back that shouldn't be listening to that type of language and if he didn't get back in his vehicle I would dial 911.  At that point he got back in his car.  I got his license number just in case he continued to follow me.  He continued on his merry way, but Joey and I were both a bit shaken up.  Joey made me relive the story to everyone we met.  If you think of it, please pray for this man.  If he doesn't deal with this anger, it's going to turn into bitterness and then hate.  Maybe he should have read yesterday's post.

Then, I had some other things that happened in my personal life that  were really distressing to me.  I just kept thinking that if I had my dad, he would help me deal with these things.  He always had such a logical way of looking at things and he knew me better than anyone else.  He's not here to give me advice and I really, really feel like I'm floundering in my life.  My number one support is gone and I'm having to try to stand on my own to feet and it's really, really tough.  Even though I was 40 when dad died, I still feel very much like his little girl.  Whenever I needed help solving any problem, daddy was there and would help me think through my actions and the possible consequences.  He's not here now and I feel like I'm totally lost.  I miss his love and guidance so, so much.  This is incredibly tough.

So, please keep me and the boys in your prayers.  God is good and I'm having to totally rely on him to be my Husband, Father and Healer.

"Then I said to you, "Do not be terrified; do not be afraid of them. The LORD your God, who is going before you, will fight for you, as he did for you in Egypt, before your very eyes, and in the desert. There you saw how the LORD your God carried you, as a father carries his son, all the way you went until you reached this place." Deut. 1:20-31

No comments:

Post a Comment