Saturday, April 9, 2011

What--A--Day!!!!!

Have you ever heard the saying, "I've had a day and a half,"?  Well, yesterday I think I had a whole week in the span of a day.

It started yesterday morning.  I decided to ride my bike to school, which would normally be no big deal, but I had to add air to my tires as I had not ridden the bike for months.  So, the night before, I went out and bought a little plug in cigarette lighter air compressor.  I figured I'd use it to blow up air mattresses and stuff this summer when we were camping, so it was worth it.   So around 6 a.m., I'm out in my driveway, blowing up my tires.  It's about 40* out, and I look up and there is Danny, as naked as a jay bird, standing in the driveway wanting to know where his clothes were.  I usually lay out the clothes on the couch for the boys before they get up, but didn't expect him to get up so early, so they weren't out yet.  I got a really nasty look from my elderly neighbor and I'm really surprised she didn't call protective services on me because my 4 year old was running around outside without clothes at 6 a.m.  I went back it, got out his clothes and proceeded to go back outside to work on my bike.  Finished pumping up the tire just in time to hear a shriek inside the house.  Apparently, Joey had woken up and had taken the last pop-tart and the boys were arguing over it.  They both were STARVING and couldn't wait for their real breakfast.


I left for school and had a wonderful ride in and then I remembered that Joey had a dr.'s appointment and my babysitter was going to pick me up after school.  I had to figure out a way to get my bike home.

We went to Joey's well child check up and he's doing great!!  He has had a growth spurt and is in the 95% for height and only the 60% for weight.  He's always been fairly average, so the dr wasn't concerned at all.  We dropped off Ang, our babysitter, and went to the school to get the bike and my van, that I put $600 into on Monday died.

I called the garage at around 4:30 and they told me that they closed at 5:30 so I needed to get the car out immediately so they could look at it.  They called a tow for me and at 5:15 the truck still wasn't there.  I was getting a little nervous.  Finally we got the car in the garage at 5:20.  They looked at it for 5 minutes and said, "It's probably the fuel pump."  I said, "How much will that be?"  They said "$500 approximately"  UGH!!  I did well.  I didn't cry, scream or throw things.  I felt like doing those things, but I was good.  They told me they couldn't get to the car until the next morning.

Thank goodness my friend and fellow teacher, Jesse drove me to the garage and stayed with the boys while I talked to the mechanic.  As soon as I found this out at 5:35 p.m. I called Enterprise to see if I could get a rental.  Walking with two small children is not a lot of fun, so this was sort of a necessity.  Enterprise told me that they closed at 6:00 so I had to get out there ASAP.  Jesse drove me out to Enterprise and I was hooked up with a small Dodge something or other that only has 2136 miles on it.  Nice!!

As soon as we picked up the car I realized that my house keys and my laptop was in the van. So back out to the garage we went.  Thank goodness, one of the workers was still there hanging out/flirting with the ladies that work at the attached convenience store.  He was happy to let me in to get my belongings out of the car.

The boys were starved at this point, so we swung through McDonald's.  I got them dinner and then headed over to Liberty Tax to sign my returns so I can get some $$ back to pay for my new car repairs.  Just as we were getting out of the car, Danny dumps his dinner all over the ground.  I hadn't eaten since noon, but since he is my baby and honestly, I knew if he didn't eat, he'd be a pill to deal with, I gave him my filet-o-fish sandwich which I really shouldn't have been eating anyway.

Got my taxes done, swung through Rite-Aid to get Joey's new meds only to find out the Dr. forgot to call one in.

Once we were home, I told the boys that they could play as much WII as they wanted.  Mommy needed a little time to herself.  I went in my room and watched a movie from streaming Netflix, hoping the boys would put themselves to bed.  LOL!!  No such luck, but Danny did fall asleep on his bed.

I went upstairs and got him in his PJ's and got Joey in bed.  When I laid down on my bed, the song "This is the stuff" by Francesca Batistelli.  One thing I've learned this past year is that life happens.  We can't control our circumstances, only how we react to them.  I'm trying not to let myself stress over stuff I can't control.  Life will go on.  How I view and deal with my trials really effects the quality of my life.  So I'm praising God for my crazy day.  I still have my kids, my health, my life, my home, my amazing family and friends.

I love this song!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a day indeed. Days like these can leave lesser people rocking on their haunches in a corner, so congratulations to you for toughing it through.

    ReplyDelete