Sunday, April 10, 2011

The Light at the end of the tunnel.






There is a song at church that we sing called "Tunnel" by the group Third Day.  It talks about the fact that even though you may be going through trials, there will be an end to them and you will eventually see the light at the end of the tunnel.  For over a year, they've been a lifeline to me.  Every time we've sung this song, I've clung to the fact that no matter what I've been going through, it WILL get better.  Things will change and there is hope in the future.  Today, I realized that I am finally at the point where I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.  My life is brighter than it has been in the past year.  I am so grateful for that.

Tonight at church, we had an extended time of prayer.  One of the circumstances that pastor mentioned was if someone was in a trial that seemed overwhelming or consuming of their life.  For the first time in over a year I thought, "Hey, that's not me."  My trials have consumed my every waking thought for the past year, but praise God, I can say that I am finally at the point where I have some peace and joy.

I briefly shared with the church tonight some of the trials I've been through.  I need to actually write out my testimony because God has been so good to me.  He has taken me out of a deep dark place and has set me in a place where I have peace.  That's not to say that I'm always thrilled with my life.  This is definitely not where I thought my life would be.  Being a single parent to two extremely busy special needs kids is a challenge daily, but I have peace that God will sustain me, give me what I need and get me through my trials.  He has proven that He is able over and over again this past year.

I am praying right now about sharing my story and someday, I know that I will do that.  I do want to be sure that I tell the truth of all that happened without putting out details that my kids could find someday that could be harmful to them.  I tried to shelter my children from so much this past year, but at the same time, I would love to have God use the circumstances of my life to minister to others.  Just know this.  My life has had more unbelievable drama than a Lifetime TV movie.  God sustained me and got me through.  I have joy and survived.  My life is better and continues to get better.

I can't wait to see what else God has in store for me.  Whether it is a trial or a blessing, I know that ultimately I will end up standing in the light of God's love and my life will be better because of it.


"I won't pretend to know what you're thinking
I can't begin to know what you're going through
I won't deny the pain that you're feeling
But I'm gonna try and give a little hope to you

Just remember what I've told you
There's so much you're living for


There's a light at the end of this tunnel
There's a light at the end of this tunnel
For you, for you
There's a light at the end of this tunnel
Shinin' bright at the end of this tunnel
For you, for you

So keep holdin' on

You've got your disappointments and sorrows
You ought to share the weight of that load with me
Then you will find that the light of tomorrow
It brings a new life for your eyes to see

Just remember what I've told you
There's so much you're living for


There's a light at the end of this tunnel
There's a light at the end of this tunnel
For you, for you
There's a light at the end of this tunnel
Shinin' bright at the end of this tunnel
For you, for you"


2 comments:

  1. So sobering to read of your greatly unfortunate suffering, but so inspirational to see the strength of Jesus. I pray for you Godly perseverance.

    ReplyDelete