Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Our mini-vacation

The boys and I went away for the night.  It was just an hour away, but it felt like we went on vacation for a month.  It's amazing how just a change in scenery can do wonders for your outlook on life.

On Monday, I packed the boys, an overnight bag, sleds and a few toys and we went to my aunt Maggie's house.  We hung out with her, she took us on a hike where we went sliding and then we went to Portland and went to Chuck E. Cheese.  We texted my cousin Sally, who responded that Chuck E. Cheese is heaven for kids, but the opposite for the adults.  I wholeheartedly agree with her.  The kids had a blast and I had fun watching them have fun but I was ready to leave when the tokens were gone.

We then went to Whole Foods (for the grown-ups) and ate in the cafe and headed back to Maggie's for the night.

We got up this morning and Maggie made me her famous Peanut Butter pancakes which I haven't had since I was a child.  She used to make them for the kids when we stayed with her at our family camp.  Talk about memories!!  It's amazing how food can do that.

We got dressed, went sliding again at a different hill and then the boys and I headed home.  I was blessed to be able to go to a women's Bible study tonight and I fell sooooo refreshed.

Here are some pictures from our mini vacation.

I love this picture!!  



Joey, my Aunt Maggie, Danny




Cool Dudes in the car




With Chuck




Beautiful Winter Scenery



1 comment:

  1. sometimes a get away is exactly what's needed :-)
    looks like a lot of fun!!

    ReplyDelete