Sunday, February 13, 2011

Counting my blessings -- Friends

These next two weeks are going to be really, really tough for me.  Just warning you and giving you the heads up.  If it seems like I'm down or you think I'm ignoring you, I'm probably not.  I just have a lot of "stuff" going on in my mind this week.  Here is what I'm facing...

Feb 14 -- Valentine's day.  Never a fun day when you're single.

Feb 16 --  Joey's bday.  A happy day, but a little stressful now that your family situation has changed.

Feb 17 -- Year anniversary since the soon-to-be-ex (STBX) and I separated

Feb 19 -- Joey's public birthday party. Again, another happy day, but a little stressful in the light of every thing going on.

Feb 24 --  STBX's birthday.  Not planning on celebrating it, but the kids need to acknowledge it in someway.  Not sure exactly how they are going to do that yet.

Feb 27 -- The one year anniversary of my dad's death.





Okay, so now you know what I'm up against.  I really could go to bed, hibernate and wake up in March, but that's not feasible when you have a few jobs and two kids.  So, I will do my best to muddle through.

That brings me to the point of my post today.  Over the next few weeks, I will explore the many blessings in my life.  I think when you focus on the good, the bad has to take a back seat and if you focus on the good long enough, eventually the bad gets out of the car and finds another ride.


My friends are one of the most amazing blessings in my life.  I have had good, close personal friendships my whole life.  Some friends I've lost touch with and others I'm still very close to.  I love my friends and how thoughtful they are.  Last night, I got together with a group of friends, teachers from my school.  My fellow faculty members have always been supportive of me.  Last year when everything happened, they stood beside me, listened while I cried, supported me, watched my kids and even dropped everything to be with me when I was in the hospital.  I am so blessed to have a job working with some of the finest people I know.  Thank you my fellow JFDS teachers!!  We had so much fun last night playing bunco.  I am looking forward to playing again in March!

I've also had many friends that have come along beside me and have listened to me this year as I've struggled to get my life back together.  There are soooo many of you that have blessed me in so many ways, especially the things that are seemingly little to you like a call just to see how I'm doing, a meal, an offer to watch the kids so I can get my hair done, flowers to brighten my day, a card, a text of an encouraging Bible verse, a walk just to get out etc...  There are soooo many ways so many of you have blessed me this year.  Thank you so much and please know that those things that you did have been like gold to me.  Thank you for being such a treasure to me.  I love you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment