Saturday, February 5, 2011

Mommy, mommy, mommy...

I hear that word so much in a day that it just seems commonplace now.  I'm Mommy.  What is a Mommy?

I am the one who wakes up before my kids in the morning and gets their clothes out, makes their lunches, makes their breakfast (unless my babysitter helps me, I LOVE her).

I am the one who holds them when they cry, doles out discipline so they can learn to be responsible well behaved human beings and occasionally hears the words "You're the meanest Mom in the world!"

I am the one who tells them when I am proud of their accomplishments, helps them with their homework at the same time I am making dinner and tells them when it is bed time (and then again hears the words "You're the meanest Mom in the whole world.")

I am the one who gives them baths, tucks them into bed, reads stories and rubs their backs so they can go to sleep.

I am the one who gets up with them in the middle of the night when they have bad dreams or are sick.

I am the one who takes them to the doctor when they are ill and makes sure they get the medicine they need.

I am the one that gives cuddles and kisses just because they need to know they are loved every day.

I am the one that cries with them when I see someone has hurt their feelings.  I am the one that tries to explain that human's are not perfect and they make mistakes.


These are just a few of the many roles I fulfill during the day.  When we were waiting for our children to come home, the word "Mommy" was one I thought I'd never hear.  I hear it so much everyday that sometimes I am desensitized to it's true meaning. May I NEVER forget what a precious word "Mommy" is and may I always treat my children like the invaluable gifts from God that they truly are...

I love you Joey and Danny!!!

2 comments: