Saturday, January 1, 2011

Tubing

I took the boys tubing on Hermon Mountain today and we had so much fun!!  We went with my cousin Lisa and her two kids, Jillian and Gunnar and my cousin Kelsie and her Dad, Paul (also my cousin).  It was a BLAST.  I didn't know how Danny would do, but he went down the mountain about 5 times before he'd had enough.  He was behind me the first time down, but Lisa said he had a HUGE smile on his face.  I was behind him the second time down and his face just lit up as we plummeted down the mountain.



Joey connected with Gunnar and they found they had a lot in common.  I took Danny inside the lodge toward the end as he was getting cold and tired and Joey kept going down the mountain.  The very last run he went down all by himself.  What a brave boy!

I learned a few lessons from tubing today.  The first one is that even though it is something you WANT to do, it may seem scary.  Plummeting down a mountain at fast speeds can be a little intimidating, but the adrenaline rush was so worth conquering the fear.  The second lesson that I learned is that while plummeting down the mountain, hold tight to your family.  When you go tubing, they put all of your tubes together, you sit on each other's ropes and then you hold on to each other's handles.  The best ride we had all day was when all 8 of us held on and went together.  That's how we should live our life.

What a wonderful way to spend New Year's Day!!  I am truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment