Saturday, January 22, 2011

A good parent



A good parent...

    puts their kids needs in front of their own.
    loves their kids unconditionally.
    loves the Lord and teaches them about His love for them.
    sets appropriate boundaries.
    is in charge even when it's not popular.
    is firm, but loving.
    is there for their kids no matter what happens.
    recognizes when their kids need help and provides that help.
    recognizes when their kids need to try to do something on their own.
    seeks help for their kids when they need it.
    is patient.
    shows affection.
    engages with their kids.
    tells their kids they love them EVERYDAY whether by words or actions.
    spends quality time with their kids.
    identifies their kids needs and provides for their needs.
    loves, loves, loves them and demonstrates that love daily.


I am not perfect, but I try to do all I can for my kids.  I feel sad that my kids do not have 2 parents that are able to do this for them.  That is what the deserve!  I'm doing the best that I can as a single parent, but some days it is REALLY hard.   Please pray for my children.  They are wonderful and deserve so much more.

1 comment:

  1. Judi~ you are an amazing mom! And an amazing woman. I do not think I would have handled a similar situation with the grace that you have.

    I know some days are tough and you probably want to give up. But you are the BEST mom for your boys.

    I continue to hold you and your boys in my prayers.

    ((((hugs))))

    Julie
    (julied on PAI)

    ReplyDelete