Monday, January 3, 2011

Back to work

One of the struggles I've always had with parenting and working is dividing my time between work and my family.  I LOVE my job.  Getting to create and study music with 100+ 11, 12 and 13 year olds a day is a BLAST.  I love their energy, enthusiasm and humor!  I really could not think of a better career.

However, leaving my kids all day after having the luxury of being home with them is really, really tough.  I almost feel like a part of me is missing when the boys are not around me.  Around noon today, I found myself getting ready and I started daydreaming that I should be home getting lunch ready for the boys, then I realized that I had already done that for Joey in the morning and Danny's babysitter makes his lunch.

Working is tough.  Being away from my kids all day is tough.  I must work to make a living, so therefore I am a teacher dreaming about the next vacation and the next, not because I don't like my job, but because I adore spending time with my kids.

112 school days left until summer.  I love my job!!

1 comment:

  1. I know just how you feel. That feeling never goes away even when your kids are adults.

    ReplyDelete