Thursday, December 30, 2010

My Resolutions for 2011



The boys went on a playdate today and I had from 11 a.m. until 5:30 p.m. all to myself.  What a blessing.  I did a lot of thinking during that time and surprisingly, I missed my kids like crazy!!!  I was so happy to see them come through the door.  I haven't had much time to myself in the past 10 months and today, the day before New Year's Eve got me thinking.

I did what a lot of people do...

I thought about my new year's resolutions.  However, mine turned out to be a little different than most.

I know that I can only accomplish a few goals, so here they are.

1.  Be content in the present.  While it is hard not to look ahead to the future, I resolve to make the most of every second of every day.  I will not look to the hurts of the past, nor will I count on future blessings.  We don't know what tomorrow will bring, so I will do my best to try to be content with my here and now.  Doing what God has called me to do here, but yet still praying every morning when I wake up that I will be attuned to His divine plan for my life.

2.  Be aware of the needs of others.  One thing I have learned this year through my situation is that others are going through situations of which we are not aware.  If I did not tell you of my trials, I can guarantee that you did not know that my husband was unfaithful to me, my father died 10 days after my husband and I separated, I was hospitalized 15 days after that for a weird stomach virus, I had to put my 15 year old cat to sleep, I took 2 grad classes at the same time while single parenting, working full time and running my own business, my grandmother passed away and both of my kids are undergoing for testing for special needs.   I KNOW I'm not alone in my trials.  While I have certainly had my fair share this year, I will not compare my pain to that of others.  I will try to be compassionate and understand that EVERYONE goes through pain and trials.  God wants us to LOVE one another and that means that we help one another through any trial whether we perceive it to be big or small.

3.  Leave God's plan for my life up to God.    I know that this one seems obvious, but I have in my mind the way I think my life should go.  It definitely isn't the way that it's currently going, so I resolve to accept that God DOES have a plan for me and it is for HIS good purpose because I love him and He loves me.  God will work out my trials the way He wants them to be worked out and since I know He loves me, He will bless me the way He wants to bless me.


So, my blog friends.  I'm praying that you are blessed in 2011.  May God work all things for good in your life.

(((((Hugs))))
~Judi

No comments:

Post a Comment