Thursday, December 23, 2010

Anticipation

Oh Twas the night before the night before Christmas and the children were going NUTS!!!

My kids are so excited for Christmas that they can hardly stand it.  Emotions are running high.  They are getting excited over details that seem small to me and having meltdowns over the most minuscule things.  They are anticipating the most exciting day of the year other than maybe their birthday on Saturday.  There are secrets to be kept and secrets to be found out.

Their excitement, while it can be exhausting, also has me so excited and so in the Christmas Spirit this year.  Even though my life has gone through sooooo many changes over the past 365 days, I know that God's hand has been in charge and steering my life.  I read a commentary the other day.  Although I can't tell you the exact source, but it spoke of how God often destroys in order to rebuild.  That is exactly what's going on in my world.  It was destroyed, but slowly is being rebuilt.  Whenever the Lord does this, He blesses the process and ultimately will give me more than I can even imagine.  Look at Job's life.  He took EVERYTHING from him, but ultimately restored his life to something better than it had been before.  While I'm sure Job still missed the loved ones that he lost, God still was able to fulfill him and bless him beyond his wildest dreams.

So as I look at my children's excitement as we prepare to celebrate the birth of Jesus, I also am trying to have that same type of anticipation and excitement in my life.  I know I'm emotional.  Lately, things that should not have been a "big deal" have taken an emotional toll on me, but at the same time, I am finding an renewed energy and excitement in the little things the Lord blesses me with.  Watching my kids, praying over them as they sleep and yes preparing and praying for the fact that someday, God willing, he will provide a godly man with which I can share my life.  God is good ALL the time.  Even during our hardships we must praise Him and we must not forget to praise Him during the good times as well.

As we approach Christmas, take note of the excitement and anticipation of the season and try to make a point to remember it year round.  Live your life with the same anticipation as to what the Lord will do with your life in the good times and bad.




Merry Christmas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment