Sunday, December 26, 2010

ALONE

There are BLIZZARD warnings in effect tonight for the state in which I live.  BLIZZARD!!!  It's a little exciting, but a tad bit scary at the same time, being a single parent.  What if the power goes out or there's an emergency with one of the kids??  And... who's going to plow/shovel my driveway.  I can handle it with 6 inches of snow, but over a foot of snow is a little intimidating even though I am so buff.


As a married person, I didn't think much about things like this, but as a single mom, I'm a tad worried.  I don't know why.  I've lived in Maine my entire life and have always survived blizzards, but tonight a word keeps coming back to my mind.


ALONE... There, I've said it.  It's a word that I've feared for a long time.


ALONE...  I'll admit, it's my biggest fear.  Being all by myself and having to make decisions and choices by myself.  Especially choices that can effect my kids.  I'm the type of person that likes to reason with other people, talk things out, get opinions.  I process my thoughts out loud.


ALONE...  Being an only child, I have always been fearful of this status.  When I was growing up, I realized that if anything were to happen to both of my parents, I had no siblings on whom I could rely.  When I got married, I felt relief as I would have a life partner on which I could rely.  But, now that I'm no longer married, I am by myself.


In the past year, I've lost so much and I feel very much alone even though I have wonderful family and friends.  It's still not the same as having a spouse or having a parent.  The people that know you best and that will drop anything to help you.  I have wonderful family and friends that would drop anything to be there for me, but there's something in me that makes me feel like it's a burden to have to ask for help.  This is definitely not how they feel, for some reason, it's how I feel.  I must learn to drop my foolish pride and ask when I need help.


ALONE...  Am I really alone??  No... I'm not.  God is with me, holding me, drying my tears, comforting me, sending me His people to be the physical, tangible evidence of His presence and giving me comfort through His Word, the Bible.


I AM NOT ALONE.




It says in Deuteronomy 31:6  "Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid or tremble at them, for the LORD your God is the one who goes with you He will not fail you or forsake you."


The holidays have been extremely difficult for me.  I do not want to be alone, but isn't that what Christmas is all about.


Christ came to the earth as a baby.  The God of the Universe put Himself into a human body to show us that we are not alone.  He came to be with us and the Bible says that He's coming back again.


I AM NOT ALONE.


God is with me.  He loves me and He loves you too.  If you are struggling during this holiday season, please contact me by email or phone.  I'll pray for you.  


YOU ARE NOT ALONE.  God is with you and He wants you to know that.





1 comment:

  1. ((((judi))))

    If I lived closer, I'd hug your neck and tell you that you can come stay at my house!

    (julied on PAI)

    ReplyDelete