Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Chim chiminey, chim chiminey...

There was BIG excitement outside of our house last night.  HUGE!  Danny could hardly contain himself.


The STREET SWEEPER went down our street.  Yes, you heard me right.  We had an actual street sweeper on our road.  At about 5 p.m., I called the boys in for dinner.  I looked up the street and saw Danny sitting on a neighbors lawn watching the street sweeper move down the street.  I went out to him and said, "Whatchya doin' buddy?"  He looked up at me with big eyes and said, "Watching this big truck coming down our street!"

So, I explained what the truck was and what it was doing.  The man in the truck stopped the truck and said, "Bring him over here."  We got to look into the truck and see the dual steering wheels.  The man also explained why the sweeper sprayed water on the ground first and how the brooms worked with the vacuums to suck up all of the dirt from winter left behind on the road.

Danny and I walked all the way down our street, following the street sweeper and watching it do it's job.  Danny asked questions and predicted what was going to happen next when the sweeper reached certain objects and obstacles.  Overall, it was a very educational experience.

Last night, as we were getting ready for bed, he said, "Mama, when I grow up, can I drive a street sweeper?"  I told him that he could if he did well in school and learned how to be very safe and careful.

He then said his prayers.  "Dear God, Thank you for this day.  Thank you for Mama, Joey and the street sweeper.  Please help the man who drives it not to hit any kids and if he does, help him not to suck them up inside the street sweeper.  In Jesus name, Amen."

So, driver of street sweeper 283, thank you for taking the time to teach my Danny about street sweeping and remember, be careful out there today. Try not to suck up any young children in your truck.

No comments:

Post a Comment