Saturday, July 31, 2010

Fairs and Flat Bellies

I took the boys to the fair today with my friend Jen, her two kids Katie and Jacob and our friends Tracy and Jason and their family. I have really been looking forward to the fair. Having lost 100 lbs, I was excited to be able to ride on all of the rides and do all of the things I haven't been able to do for a long time. My friend Jen's four year old son asked her an interesting question when we first got there. He said, "Mama, how did Danny and Joey's mom..., how did she Joey and Danny's mom get such a small belly?" I tell you that I could have kissed him right then and there! Little Jacob made my night!!

So, I really wanted to enjoy the fair to the fullest. In the past, it seemed that any time I had to buckled into a seat, I barely fit and sometimes they couldn't get the safety bar down enough to keep my kids safe. So, this year, I indulged. I went on all the rides I could. Some were scary and some made me feel nauseous, but I didn't care. I had a blast with my kids. Anything they wanted me to ride on with them, I did. The only drawback was that Danny was too short for some of the rides that all of the other kids could go on. Hopefully he will gain about 3 or four inches by next year and will be able to enjoy all of the rides as well.

Here are some pictures and a video of my kids enjoying the fair.










No comments:

Post a Comment